Home – Главная
Наш Приход находится под омофором Его Высокопреосвященства Архиепископа Марка Берлинско-Германского и Великобританского, епархия Русской Православной Церкви Загранице...Our parish is under the omophorion of His Eminence Archbishop Mark of Berlin, Germany and Great Britain, Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad.
Добро пожаловать в приходскую общину Святого равноапостольного великого князя Владимира – Русской Православной Церкви за Границей…
Welcome to Saint Prince Vladimir’s, Cheltenham – a parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad..
FIRST HIERARCH OF RUSSIAN CHURCH ABROAD TO VISIT CHELTENHAM IN MARCH – check here for report of visit
Our Orthodox Home – наш православный дом
Divine Liturgy 2017 Божественная литургия
10am; 10 утра
Saturday 25th March; Суббота 25 марта
Please also check the website of the Russian Church Abroad Diocese of Great Britain & Ireland
++ Diary Dates RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
WORSHIPPING & WORKING TOGETHER IN THE WEST OF ENGLAND & WALES: Next services in Church Slavonic & English ++ Cheltenham: Bentham: Saturday 25th March 2017 at 1000hrs www.russianchurchcheltenham.org.uk ++ Other locations ++ Cardiff: Saturday 22nd April 0930hrs www.russianorthodoxchurchcardiff.com ++ Birmingham: www.birmingham-sourozh.org.uk ++ Bristol: www.bristol-sourozh.org.uk/services.html ++ Oxford: www.stnicholas-oxford.org ++ Swindon: www.russianchurchswindon.co.uk ++ Cathedral in Chiswick, London: Daily services www.russianchurchlondon.org
For Greek Orthodox services according to the New Calendar at Bentham, Cheltenham please check here: [Note: Greek/English www.greekorthodoxcheltenham.org.uk]
- March 1, 2017 – svt. Macarius mtrp. Moscow and Kolomna;
- March 5, 2017 – Triumph of Orthodoxy;
- March 6, 2017 – Semidnitsa 2nd of Lent;
- March 7, 2017 – Venerable. Athanasius;
- March 8, 2017 – Uncovering of the relics of Blessed Motrony Moscow;
- March 9, 2017 – First and Second Finding of the Head Ioanna Predtechi;
- March 13, 2017 – Semidnitsa third of Lent ;
- March 14, 2017 – Martyr Evdokia
- March 15, 2017 – Icon of the Mother of God “Reigning”
- March 17, 2017 – Prince Daniel of Moscow;
- March 20, 2017 – Semidnitsa 4th of Lent, Veneration of the Cross. Icon “Surety of Sinners”;
- March 21, 2017 – Icon “Sign” of the Kursk-Root;
- March 22, 2017 – Forty Martyrs of Sebaste;
- March 25, 2017 – Liddskoy icons. Commemoration of the Dead;
- March 27, 2017 – Semidnitsa 5th of Lent. Theodore Icon of God’s mother;
- March 29, 2017 – Ap.Aristovula Bishop Vritaniyskogo;
- March 30, 2017 – St. Alexis, the man of God.
- 1 марта 2017 — Свт. Макария мтрп. Московского и Коломенского;
- 5 марта 2017 — Торжество Православия;
- 6 марта 2017 — Семидница 2-я Великого поста;
- 7 марта 2017 — Прп. Афанасия;
- 8 марта 2017 — Обретение мощей Блаженной Мотроны Московской;
- 9 марта 2017 — Первое и второе Обретение главы Иоанна Предтечи;
- 13 марта 2017 — Семидница 3-я Великого поста;
- 14 марта 2017 — Мученицы Евдокии
- 15 марта 2017 — Иконы Божией Матери “Державная”
- 17 марта 2017 — Благоверного князя Даниила Московского;
- 20 марта 2017 — Семидница 4-я Великого поста, Крестопоклонная. Иконы «Споручница грешных»;
- 21 марта 2017 — Иконы «Знамение» Курской-Коренной;
- 22 марта 2017 — Сорока мучеников Севастийских;
- 25 марта 2017 — Лиддской иконы. Поминовение усопших;
- 27 марта 2017 — Семидница 5-я Великого поста. Феодоровской иконы Божий матери;
- 29 марта 2017 — Ап.Аристовула, епископа Вританийского;
- 30 марта 2017 — Преподобного Алексия, человека Божия.
Thank you to Father Vitaly Serepinas for our last Liturgy of 2016 and the double Baptism of two brothers. We look forward to scheduling more services in 2017 God willing with a possible move to Sundays.
Thank you to Father Patrick Ramsey for serving and our Bristol friends who joined the choir. We welcomed new friends Alistair and also Ekaterina and Sviatislav and their children Edward and Robert who will be baptised soon at Bentham. Thank you to all the Faithful who attended and the continuing support as we build our Parish.
Father Paul Elliott, Chancellor of the Diocese of Great Britain & Ireland, Russian Church Abroad served at our fifth anniversary of our first Divine Liturgy at Bentham on Saturday 3rd September 2016. Here are some photos from the day, when Fr Elliott presented the parish with a beautiful icon of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Find out about Orthodox Christianity at catechism classes 2017 – sign up now! email: email@example.com
By popular demand we are very pleased to offer FREE Catechism Classes by Father Stephen Platt – we plan to resume in 2017 at Glendale House, Montpellier, Cheltenham
Why not join our growing choir? Details here
Book launch: read review & order your copy here
Our community was founded on 25th July 2011,in the week of the feast day of St Prince Vladimir of Kiev & All Rus (28 July). We are part of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (also known as the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia – ROCOR).
To provide anyone with an interest in the Russian Orthodox faith with a safe and family-friendly community and spiritual home in Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds.
Welcome to the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad Community in Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds . We are a mission parish and open to any Orthodox Christians or simply those who have an interest in the oldest form of Christianity with roots that go back to the Holy Apostles. In our community, which attracts a variety of people of different ages from across the Cotswolds and beyond, you will find Orthodox Christians from a variety of backgrounds. Our new community, which has ambitions to grow and evolve, includes British worshippers and those from Belarus, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine and other Slavic countries, some of them newcomers or from second or third generations or from even farther back .
Our services are in Church Slavonic and English. we are under the auspices of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, headed by Metropolitan HILARION of New York and Eastern America. Our friendly and growing community is under the spiritual guidance of His Eminence Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany and Great Britain & Ireland, Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia. Our priest Father Vladimir Vilgerts is attached to our Cathedral Parish in London, The Cathedral of the Dormition of the Mother of God and the Holy Royal Martyrs. The Holy Liturgy takes place at the Greek Orthodox Church of St. John Chrysostom in Bentham Lane, Bentham, GL3 4UG, near Cheltenham. We are very grateful to all at the Greek Orthodox Community, headed by Father Anthimos Papandreou, for making us feel welcome and allowing us to use their beautiful church. When possible we hold joint services between the congregations. We are especially active in outreach with the local communities, supporting language interest groups, Chaplaincy at the University of
Gloucestershire, joint missions with other Orthodox Parishes, involvement with the media including slots on our local station BBC Radio Gloucestershire and cultural events including concerts of sacred and folk music. In addition, we have a growing number of young families and the community plans to establish opportunities for our church members of all ages to learn more about our faith and cultures. We welcome your visit both here on our webpage and in person at our parish. Please also check out our social media presence on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter which we hope will also help you keep up to date with our activities and latest news. More information: call 07957 345188 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org