Home – Главная
Наш Приход находится под омофором Его Высокопреосвященства Архиепископа Марка Берлинско-Германского и Великобританского, епархия Русской Православной Церкви Загранице...Our parish is under the omophorion of His Eminence Archbishop Mark of Berlin, Germany and Great Britain, Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad.
Добро пожаловать в приходскую общину Святого равноапостольного великого князя Владимира – Русской Православной Церкви за Границей…
Welcome to Saint Prince Vladimir’s, Cheltenham – a parish of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad..
Divine Liturgy 2017 Божественная литургия
Saturday 6 May, 10am + Icon Exhibition
Суббота 6 мая, 10 утра + Выставка икон
Please also check the website of the Russian Church Abroad Diocese of Great Britain & Ireland
++ Diary Dates RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
WORSHIPPING & WORKING TOGETHER IN THE WEST OF ENGLAND & WALES: Next services in Church Slavonic & English ++ Cheltenham: Bentham: TBA www.russianchurchcheltenham.org.uk ++ Other locations ++ Cardiff: Saturday 22nd April 0930hrs www.russianorthodoxchurchcardiff.com ++ Birmingham: www.birmingham-sourozh.org.uk ++ Bristol: www.bristol-sourozh.org.uk/services.html ++ Oxford: www.stnicholas-oxford.org ++ Swindon: www.russianchurchswindon.co.uk ++ Cathedral in Chiswick, London: Daily services www.russianchurchlondon.org
For Greek Orthodox services according to the New Calendar at Bentham, Cheltenham please check here: [Note: Greek/English www.greekorthodoxcheltenham.org.uk]
FIRST HIERARCH OF RUSSIAN CHURCH ABROAD VISIT TO CHELTENHAM IN MARCH – check here for report of visit
Our Orthodox Home – наш православный дом
- April 1, 2017 – In Praise of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Icon of Our Lady METER “Tenderness”;
- April 3, 2017 – Semidnitsa second Lent;
- April 7, 2017 – the Annunciation;
- April 8, 2017 – The Cathedral Arhangela Gavriila;
- April 9th, 2017 – Palm Sunday (The Entry into Jerusalem);
- April 10, 2017 – Good Semidnitsa. Great Monday;
- April 11, 2017 – Great Tuesday;
- April 12, 2017 – Holy Wednesday. St. John of the Ladder;
- April 13, 2017 – Great Fours. Remembrance of the Last Supper;
- April 14, 2017 – Good Friday. Remembrance of the Holy saving Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ. Euthymius Suzdal;
- April 15, 2017 – Holy Saturday;
- April 16, 2017 – Easter. Icons “fadeless color”;
- April 17 2017 – Start of Bright Week. Mother of God “Gerondissa”
- April 18, 2017 – Saint Job, Patriarch of Moscow. The Iberian Icon; Shuya icon of the Mother of God ;
- April 24, 2017 – Svyaschennomuchenitsy Antipas;
- April 25, 2017 – Radonitsa. Commemoration of the dead. Murom icon;
- April 30, 2017 – Holy bearers wives. St. Aleksandra Svirskogo.
- 1 апреля 2017 — Похвала пресвятой Богородицы. Иконы Божией Метери “Умиление”;
- 3 апреля 2017 — Семидница 6-ая Великого поста;
- 7 апреля 2017 — БЛАГОВЕЩЕНИЕ ПРЕСВЯТОЙ БОГОРОДИЦЫ;
- 8 апреля 2017 — Собор Архангела Гавриила;
- 9 апреля 2017 — Вербное Воскресенье (ВХОД ГОСПОДЕНЬ В ИЕРУСАЛИМ);
- 10 апреля 2017 — Страстная Семидница. Великий Понедельник;
- 11 апреля 2017 — Великий Вторник;
- 12 апреля 2017 — Великая Среда. Преподобного Иоанна Лествичника;
- 13 апреля 2017 — Великий Четверок. Воспоминание Тайной Вечери;
- 14 апреля 2017 — Великий Пяток. Воспоминание Святых спасительных Страстей Господа нашего Иисуса Христа. Преподобного Евфимия Суздальского;
- 15 апреля 2017 — Великая Суббота;
- 16 апреля 2017 — ПАСХА. Иконы «Неувядаемый Цвет»;
- 17 апреля 2017 — Начало Светлой Седмицы. Иконы Божией Матери “Герондисса”
- 18 апреля 2017 — Святого Иова, патриарха Московского. Иверской Иконы; Шуйской иконы Божией матери;
- 24 апреля 2017 — Священномученицы Антипы;
- 25 апреля 2017 — Радоница. Поминовение усопших. Муромской иконы;
- 30 апреля 2017 — Святых жен мироносиц. Преподобного Александра Свирского.
Thank you to Father Vitaly Serepinas for our last Liturgy of 2016 and the double Baptism of two brothers. We look forward to scheduling more services in 2017 God willing with a possible move to Sundays.
Thank you to Father Patrick Ramsey for serving and our Bristol friends who joined the choir. We welcomed new friends Alistair and also Ekaterina and Sviatislav and their children Edward and Robert who will be baptised soon at Bentham. Thank you to all the Faithful who attended and the continuing support as we build our Parish.
Father Paul Elliott, Chancellor of the Diocese of Great Britain & Ireland, Russian Church Abroad served at our fifth anniversary of our first Divine Liturgy at Bentham on Saturday 3rd September 2016. Here are some photos from the day, when Fr Elliott presented the parish with a beautiful icon of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Find out about Orthodox Christianity at catechism classes 2017 – sign up now! email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By popular demand we are very pleased to offer FREE Catechism Classes by Father Stephen Platt – we plan to resume in 2017 at Glendale House, Montpellier, Cheltenham
Why not join our growing choir? Details here
Book launch: read review & order your copy here
Our community was founded on 25th July 2011,in the week of the feast day of St Prince Vladimir of Kiev & All Rus (28 July). We are part of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (also known as the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia – ROCOR).
To provide anyone with an interest in the Russian Orthodox faith with a safe and family-friendly community and spiritual home in Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds.
Welcome to the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad Community in Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds . We are a mission parish and open to any Orthodox Christians or simply those who have an interest in the oldest form of Christianity with roots that go back to the Holy Apostles. In our community, which attracts a variety of people of different ages from across the Cotswolds and beyond, you will find Orthodox Christians from a variety of backgrounds. Our new community, which has ambitions to grow and evolve, includes British worshippers and those from Belarus, Bulgaria, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine and other Slavic countries, some of them newcomers or from second or third generations or from even farther back .
Our services are in Church Slavonic and English. we are under the auspices of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, headed by Metropolitan HILARION of New York and Eastern America. Our friendly and growing community is under the spiritual guidance of His Eminence Archbishop Mark of Berlin and Germany and Great Britain & Ireland, Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia. Our priest Father Vladimir Vilgerts is attached to our Cathedral Parish in London, The Cathedral of the Dormition of the Mother of God and the Holy Royal Martyrs. The Holy Liturgy takes place at the Greek Orthodox Church of St. John Chrysostom in Bentham Lane, Bentham, GL3 4UD, near Cheltenham. We are very grateful to all at the Greek Orthodox Community, headed by Father Anthimos Papandreou, for making us feel welcome and allowing us to use their beautiful church. When possible we hold joint services between the congregations. We are especially active in outreach with the local communities, supporting language interest groups, Chaplaincy at the University of
Gloucestershire, joint missions with other Orthodox Parishes, involvement with the media including slots on our local station BBC Radio Gloucestershire and cultural events including concerts of sacred and folk music. In addition, we have a growing number of young families and the community plans to establish opportunities for our church members of all ages to learn more about our faith and cultures. We welcome your visit both here on our webpage and in person at our parish. Please also check out our social media presence on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter which we hope will also help you keep up to date with our activities and latest news. More information: call 07957 345188 or Email: email@example.com